CSCI321 - Project Diary

Monday, October 2

Multiple Unit Display Working

Well

As I said in my last post, I have the php passing in the args to javaScript I was then trying to do a live display of two gps devices on the same map at once. After several hours, I was able to solve my timing issue (only getting one unit and it had the name of the other one) so we can now display multiple units with live updates. The way I have coded it, you can pass in as many gps units as you want.

I have also spent a fair bit of time trying to get history replays to work. It would be much easer if javaScript could modify args within functions...so I could use something like this:

window.setInterval(cs321ds7HistoryReplay,historyDisplaySpeed,currentPidPoint);

am trying to get it to work using this

window.setInterval(currentPidPoint=cs321ds7HistoryReplay,historyDisplaySpeed,currentPidPoint);

But returning a value to a setInterval function doesn't seem to be working. And if I push the logic further down, I can't delay adding points to the map, so it's doesn't look like a "replay". Will keep at it, am sure there is some other way to do it...

Note, I broke the Multiple Unit Display (MUD) and it took me about 4 hrs to track down and fix the error I had. :-(

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home